2 cups sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Forbidden Secret cream liquor
pinch table salt
4 Tbs cold unsalted butter
1 Tbs instant espresso powder
3 Tbs Forbidden Secret
If you don’t own a candy or instant read thermometer follow the time approximations and watch the color of the sugar syrup; it should be a deep amber color before the cream is added.
1. Bring water and sugar to boil in a pot. Insert candy thermometer- boil until syrup is 300 degrees and looks thick and straw-colored about 15 minutes
2. Cook on medium heat until sugar is 350 degrees and looks deep amber and begins to smoke about 5 minutes longer
3. Bring cream, forbidden secret, and salt to simmer in small saucepan over high heat - (this should start to simmer about the same time the sugar reaches 350 – this will prevent clumping)
4. Remove syrup from heat and pour 1/4 of hot cream into sugar syrup - let bubbling subside
5. Add the remaining cream - let bubbling subside and whisk until smooth
6. Whisk in butter
7. Whisk instant espresso and forbidden secret into finished sauce.
Let cool until warm - serve.