Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pretzel Rolls


Sorry blog I have been neglecting you.. I have been so busy cooking and visiting the farmers markets and loving my girlfriend I haven't had time to type out everything I have made a lot of great stuff. Anyway These are Pretzel rolls.



637 grams bread flour (I used king arthur)
212 grams AP flour
555 grams filtered water
10 grams sea salt
9 grams instant aka rapid rise yeast
18 grams unsalted butter
25 grams sugar
75 grams food grade lye
2500 grams water
coarse salt

mix bread flour, flour, water, sea salt, yeast butter and sugar in a stand mixer on low speed for 3 minutes then high speed for 8 minutes, or until the dough is nice and smooth. Weigh the pieces into even pieces (i did 100 grams and it was not even). Shape into rolls and proof on a lightly floured board at 75 degrees under a sheet of plastic wrap for about 30 mins. Meanwhile mix the lye and water in a bowl and preheat the oven to 435. After the dough has proofed but in the freezer to firm up before a quick dip in the bath. Dip the rolls in the lye bath, put on parchment paper, salt and bake 18 minutes.. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment