Friday, January 14, 2011

Artichoke Pizza



No fancy food today, but I am on a hunt for the best pizza, at least in my mind. One place I recently visited was Artichoke Basilles in the east village. I got a pie of the spinach & artichoke as well as a classic Margareta. This place was SUPER SMALL, it was defiantly a “hole in the wall” they had no tables it was take out or stand and eat. The pizza looked and smelled amazing, I wish I took a picture of the pizza makers and their grey goose bottle of olive oil. So the famous artichoke pizza was amazing and tasted of Artichoke, Spinach and Mozzarella, but it was rich and had some other herbs and seasonings that I made it spectacular. Then the classic margarita as well. The flavor was right on point, but neither slice was able to best the hold ability test like a good flat crust. Of course there are not flat crust pizzas..

No comments:

Post a Comment