Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Canadian Lake Wild Rice

So finally I can take a break from work to have some fun... cooking, It is so hard to make time to cook and take pictures and then write about it, forget a recipie. I had no food in the house really so I cooked up some rice, well technically its not a rice, but a wild grass. Anyway 1 part rice\grass to 3 parts water. I used some homemade chicken stock. Started by sautéing onions garlic then after rinsing the rice I added it to the saucepan, I actually deglazed with some leftover marsala wine, then added stock (sneak in porcini powder) . Bring to boil, reduce to simmer cover and cook for 30 mins. After 30 minutes I added some black garlic and parsley and more onions and cooked until al dente. Then a little more parsley and onions and done.

1 comment:

  1. looking very good MIke! didn't know that this was considered a grass. I guess it's time to all MOO! lol

    ReplyDelete